TOURNAMENT: Mount St. Joseph Invitational
LOCATION: Centerville, Ohio (The Golf Club at Yankee Trace)
COURSE INFO: Par 72, 6700 Yards
EARLHAM FINISH: 1st, 613 (+37)
TOP QUAKER: T-2nd – Nate Mynatt, 148 (+4)
THE SHORT STORY: Earlham College men's golf fired a second round 300 (+12) for a two-day total of 613 (+37) to take the team championship at the 2019 Mount St. Joseph Invitational, which concluded Sunday at The Golf Club at Yankee Trace.
OFF THE TEE
- Earlham placed three golfers among the top 20 finishers as the Quakers recorded their second tournament championship of the season, as well as the second in the history of the third-year program.
- The Quakers were among the six Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference programs in the Mount St. Joseph Invitational. Trailing the Quakers were Hanover (T-5th), Mount St. Joseph (T-7th), Anderson (11th), Rose-Hulman (12th), and Bluffton (13th).
- Nate Mynatt fired an even-par 72 in Sunday's second round, which, combined with his 76 from Saturday, gave him a four-over 148 for the tournament and a share of second place. Mynatt was one of five players selected to the All-Tournament Team.
- Garrett Schuler joined Mynatt among the top 10; he was tied for sixth with a six-over 78 on Sunday, following his 73 in the first round. He completed the 36-hole event with a seven-over 151.
- Colton Kuppler from St. Mary-of-the-Woods claimed medalist honors after firing an even-par 144 over 36 holes, including a one-over 73 on Sunday.
1st - Earlham, 313-300 – 613 (+37)
T-2 – Nate Mynatt, 76-72 – 148 (+4)
T-6 – Garrett Schuler, 73-78 – 151 (+7)
T-13 – Graham Sherard, 81-74 – 155 (+11)
T-26 – Jared Stone, 83-76 – 159 (+15)
T-71 – Jared Birr, 85-90 – 175 (+31)
T-38 - Kim Kang, 79-84 – 163 (+19)
T-62 - Patrick Wright, 86-86 – 172 (+28)
T-75 - Josh Maclin, 90-86 – 176 (+32)
Earlham men's golf is back in action next weekend at the Rose-Hulman Spring Invitational on Saturday, March 30, and Sunday, March 31, in Terre Haute, Ind.