FINAL SCORE: Transylvania 24, Earlham 1
LOCATION: Richmond, Ind. (Darrell Beane Stadium)
RECORDS: Earlham 1-5, 1-2 HCLC / Transylvania 5-3, 2-0 HCLC
THE SHORT STORY: The Earlham College men's lacrosse team made its long-awaited 2019 home debut with a tough matchup against a talented Transylvania University squad, and the Quakers had no answers against a prolific Transy offensive unit in a 24-1 loss to the Pioneers.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Transylvania struck nine times in the first quarter and found the back of the Earlham cage 14 straight times before the Quakers got on the scoreboard.
- Anthony Boutwell ended Transy's scoring run with his unassisted goal with 5:16 remaining in the second quarter, making the score 14-1 for the Pioneers. Transy scored three more goals by the end of the frame, and had a 17-1 lead at the intermission.
- The Pioneers tacked on seven more goals in the third and fourth quarters.
- Transylvania outshot Earlham, 59-7, and picked up 60 ground balls to the Quakers' 27.
- Earlham goalies Josh Perkins and Blake Francis combined for 27 saves on the day. Transylvania's Michael Webb and Luke Garas had three saves altogether.
Earlham men's lacrosse hosts Concordia-Chicago on Saturday, March 23, at Darrell Beane Stadium. Game time is slated for 1:00 p.m.