RICHMOND, Ind. – Earlham College men's tennis extended its winning streak to 10 consecutive matches with an 8-1 victory over Taylor University, in a non-conference match Friday at the EC Tennis Courts.
The Quakers took two out of the three doubles matches, with Aleksandr Sergeev and Brandon Giordanelli combining for the most decisive victory of the doubles round with an 8-1 triumph over Taylor's Stephen All and Jake Herbruck at no. 3 doubles.
Vojislav Tatarevic enjoyed the largest margin of victory in singles with a 6-2, 6-2 win at no. 3 singles over All.
Earlham men's tennis returns to the courts on Wednesday, April 18, when it travels to Defiance, Ohio, to face Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference-rival Defiance College.
For more information about Earlham men's tennis, visit the online home of Earlham College athletics at www.GoEarlham.com. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest Earlham athletics news by following Earlham Quakers on Facebook (Earlham Quakers Athletics), Twitter (@EarlhamQuakers), and Instagram (EarlhamQuakers).
EARLHAM 8, TAYLOR 1
2. Nico Manni/Joaquin Lerner (EC) def. Gonzalo Iglesias/Salvador LoCascio (TU), 8-2
1 .Stadnyk (EC) def. Jacquottet (TU), 6-2, 2-6, 6-2
2. Sergeev (EC) def. LoCascio (TU), 6-2, 6-3
3. Tatarevic (EC) def. All (TU), 6-2, 6-2
4. Manni (EC) def. Herbruck (TU), 6-4, 6-2
5. Giordanelli (EC) def. Danelli (TU), 4-6, 6-1, 10-4
6. Jason Lawson (EC) def. Victor Cheng (TU), 6-2, 6-3