THE SHORT STORY: Some outstanding performances in the relay events and a strong showing by Jake Patton in the hurdles highlighted the day for the Earlham College men's track and field team at the Otterbein April Fools Invitational.
ON THE TRACK
- Jake Patton continued to be among the top hurdle performers in the region, posting a time of 57.83 in the 400m hurdles on his way to a fifth-place finish.
- In the 400m dash, Emanuel Faria and Drew FitzGibbon were 15th (53.37) and 16th (53.48) respectively, while Daniel Kibet also finished among the top 20 with his time of 54.47 to finish 20th.
- Michael Grady crossed in 21st place in the 800m with a time of 2:04.74.
- Sheldan Lindsay was 29th (24.62) in the 200m dash.
- In the relays, the Earlham 4x400m relay quartet of Grady, FitzGibbon, Ian Shriner, and Faria finished second with a time of 3:30.82 – a slight improvement over their best mark of the season in that event, 3:30.88, posted at the Washington & Lee Carnival. The Quakers' 4x100m team of Lindsay, Patton, FitzGibbon, and Malcolm Jones clocked a time of 45.27, and finished fourth in the event.
- In the field events, Justin Kerobo was 11th in the long jump with a leap of 18-3 (5.56m).
The Earlham track and field teams will head back to Ohio next weekend, traveling to Delaware, Ohio, to compete in the Ohio Wesleyan University Marv Frye Invitational.