MEET: Ohio Wesleyan Marv Frye Invitational
LOCATION: Delaware, Ohio (George Gauthier Track)
MEN'S FINISH: Ninth of 10 teams, 32 points
THE SHORT STORY: Jake Patton improved upon his third-in-the-conference time in the 110m hurdles, highlighting Earlham College men's track and field performances at Saturday's Ohio Wesleyan University Marv Frye Invitational. The Quakers' 4x400m team also finished third in the event but clocked a season-best time in the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
ON THE TRACK
- Bineyam Tumbo finished second in the 3000m steeplechase with a time of 10:16.45, picking up eight points for the Quakers.
- Jake Patton was third in each of the hurdle events at the Marv Frye meet. He was third in the 110m hurdles with a time of 16.20 seconds and matched the result in the 400m hurdles with a time of 58.02 seconds.
- Tyrique Richardson picked up a single point for the Quakers in the 400m hurdles, with his eighth-place finish in a time of 1:16.93.
- In the relays, the Earlham team of Michael Grady, Drew Fitzgibbon, Ian Shriner, and Emanuel Faria placed third in the 4x400m relay, posting a time of 3:25.27. That time is the best in the HCAC this season, eclipsing the previous best by a second-and-a-half.
- The quartet of Sheldan Lindsay, Jake Patton, Fitzgibbon, and Collin Hauschild clocked a 44.37 in the 4x100m relay and finished fifth.
- Ian Shriner was just outside the points with a time of 1:59.77 in the 800m run. He was ninth in the event, just 1.70 seconds behind the eighth-place finisher.
The Earlham track and field teams will be back on the track next Saturday, April 13, when they travel to DePauw University to participate in the Indiana D-III Championship.