FINAL SCORE: Earlham 17, Hollins 3
LOCATION: Roanoke, Va. (Berkley Field)
RECORDS: Earlham 3-2, Hollins 0-4
THE SHORT STORY: Earlham College women's lacrosse jumped out to an early three-goal advantage and the Quakers stretched their lead from there, resulting in a 17-3 win over host Hollins University on Monday evening in Roanoke, Va.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Krista Kirk, Emma Lady, and Serena Pisacano each notched goals in the opening five minutes of play to take a 3-0 lead.
- Hollins scored all three of its goals in the opening half, but Earlham went into the halftime intermission with a 10-3 lead. Lady tallied five goals in the first half, while Claudette Roskamp recorded the hat trick with three scores.
- The Quakers dominated the second half with seven unanswered goals, including three more from Roskamp and two from Lady. Kirk and Pisacano each scored once in the second half.
- Lady and Roskamp were each credited with an assist, as was Pisacano. Theo Hunt recorded her first point of the season with an assist on Lady's final goal at the 7:23 mark of the second half.
- Jordan Blackburne charted six saves on the day in the Earlham cage, while Hollins' Emma Wilson finished with 11 saves.
- Allie Helmbrecht scored all three goals for Hollins.
Earlham women's lacrosse continues its spring break trip with a game at Ferrum College on Wednesday, March 13, 2019. Game time is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.