FINAL SCORE: Earlham 12, Salem College 2
LOCATION: Winston-Salem, N.C.
RECORDS: Earlham 5-2, Salem 1-7
THE SHORT STORY: It was a different day but the same story line for Earlham College women's lacrosse as Claudette Roskamp and Emma Lady each recorded a hat trick to lead the Quakers past Salem College, 12-2, to close out the Maroon and White's spring break trip through the mid-Atlantic states.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Earlham's Krista Kirk opened a run of three-straight Quaker goals in less than three minutes to start the game, giving the Maroon and White an early 3-0 advantage. Salem's Logan Bowling temporarily stopped the bleeding with her score at the 19:52 mark of the opening, briefly trimming the margin to 3-1.
- The Quakers quickly resumed their scoring onslaught. Lady and Roskamp each found the back of the Spirits' cage over the next three minutes, extending Earlham's lead to 5-1. Alexis Warren, Lady, and Kirk each struck again before the end of the opening frame, and the Quakers went into the halftime break with an 8-2 lead.
- Earlham notched four unanswered goals in the second half, with Serena Pisacano and Theo Hunt scoring their second and first goals of the game respectively. Lady and Roskamp each added to their goal scoring totals before the game drew to its conclusion.
- In addition to the three goals each by Roskamp and Lady, Roskamp also received credit for an assist. Pisacano and Kirk both finished with two goals, with Pisacano also recording an assist. Hunt and Warren had one goal each, with Warren also getting credit for a pair of assists.
- Earlham outshot Salem, 24-8, and won 12 of the game's 16 draw controls. Salem did have a 26-23 advantage in ground balls.
- Goalie Jordan Blackburne recorded six saves in the Earlham cage on eight shots faced. Hannah Ostlund charted 12 saves in the Salem goal.
Earlham women's lacrosse is back in action on Monday, March 18, at 7:00 p.m. against Hanover College – the Quakers' fourth game in an eight-day span.