FINAL SCORE: Earlham 15, Anderson 3
LOCATION: Anderson, Ind. (Macholtz Stadium)
RECORDS: Earlham 8-4, 2-0 HCLC / Anderson 0-6, 0-2 HCLC
THE SHORT STORY: Women's lacrosse first year Claudette Roskamp set an Earlham single-season goals mark with her seven-goal outburst that sparked the Quakers to a 15-3 win over Anderson University, Saturday afternoon at Macholtz Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Earlham rolled out to an 8-0 lead in the first half – including five by Roskamp – and never looked back against the outmatched Anderson squad. The Ravens' CJ Pinyot snapped the Quakers' run with an unassisted goal at the 13:06 mark of the opening half.
- The Quakers tacked on three more goals and held an 11-1 lead at the halftime break, with Emma Lady, Krista Kirk, and Roskamp recording the late goals for Earlham.
- Earlham extended its lead to 14-1 early in the second half, with Lady, Meg Murphy, and Maya Claggett all finding the back of the Anderson cage.
- A pair of late Raven goals, sandwiched around Roskamp's final strike of the game, capped the day's scoring.
- Roskamp finished with seven goals and one assist for eight points, giving her 62 goals and 68 points for the 2019 season – both new Earlham benchmarks since the program was restarted in 2018.
- Lady tallied four goals while Serena Pisacano recorded one goal with four assists for five points.
- Quakers goalie Jordan Blackburne was credited with five saves in the Earlham cage, while Anderson's Kiaha Nichols recorded eight stops.
- Earlham outshot Anderson, 30-11, and had a 26 to 17 advantage in ground balls. The Quakers were 3-of-6 on their free-position shots.
Earlham women's lacrosse returns home for its next contest when it hosts Mount St. Joseph on Wednesday, April 10, at 7:00 p.m. at Darrell Beane Stadium.