FINAL SCORE: Earlham 9, Anderson 5
LOCATION: Anderson, Ind. (Macholtz Stadium)
RECORDS: Earlham 1-0, Anderson 0-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Earlham rattled off the first four goals of the game to take an early lead. Keith Coleman Jr. scored the Quakers' first goal just over three minutes into the game, followed by two from Francis and one from Dominguez.
- After Anderson goals from Logan Lawrence and Tristan Wilbrandt, Dominguez and Coleman each tacked on goals to give the Quakers a 6-2 lead at halftime.
- The Ravens and the Quakers traded goals in the third quarter, with Dominguez completing his hat trick off an assist from Coleman, giving Earlham a 7-3 lead through 45 minutes of play.
- Both Anderson and Earlham notched two goals in the fourth quarter, with Francis recording his third strike of the game with 12:30 remaining in the game.
- Keith Coleman Jr. finished with two goals and three assists for Earlham, while Logan Reihing added one goal. Anthony Boutwell and Cole Burrell each recorded one assist.
- First-year goalie Josh Perkins made 12 stops in the Earlham goal.
- Earlham outshot Anderson, 52-30, while Anderson came out on top in ground balls, 38-37.
- Neither team was able to take advantage of its extra-man opportunities, with the Quakers going 0-4 on the EMO while Anderson was 0-3.
- Tristan Wilbrandt led Anderson with three goals and two assists for five points, while Logan Lawrence finished with two goals.
Earlham men's lacrosse travels to Wilmington, Ohio, on Saturday, March 2, to face Wilmington College. Game time is slated for 1:00 p.m.