FINAL SCORE: Oglethorpe 19, Earlham 4
LOCATION: Atlanta, Ga. (Oglethorpe Field)
RECORDS: Earlham 1-2, Oglethorpe 4-2
THE SHORT STORY: Oglethorpe University scored the game's first four goals and held a 12-3 lead at the intermission on its way to a win over visiting Earlham College men's lacrosse, in the Quakers' first of three spring break games.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Oglethorpe tallied four goals from four different players to open the game and never looked back. Earlham's Joel Dominguez notched a pair of scores for the Quakers in the first quarter.
- The Stormy Petrels used a five-goal run at the start of the second quarter to take a commanding 11-2 lead. Cole Burrell answered for the Quakers at the 5:02 mark of the frame off an assist from Wil Frye, ending the Oglethorpe run and giving Earlham its third goal of the game.
- Another four-goal run by Oglethorpe at the start of the third quarter extended the Stormy Petrels' lead into double digits, 16-3.
- Joel Dominguez charted three goals for the Quakers, while Cole Burrell finished with one.
- Josh Perkins started in the Earlham goal and recorded 10 saves over his 30 minutes played. Blake Francis played in the second half and notched seven saves.
- Oglethorpe outshot Earlham, 50-15, and had 31 groundballs to the Quakers' seven.
Earlham men's lacrosse continues its spring break slate on Monday, March 11, at Piedmont College. Game time is slated for 1:00 p.m.