MEET: 2019 Indiana Division III Championship
LOCATION: Greencastle, Ind. (DePauw Univ.-Blackstock Stadium)
MEN'S FINISH: Sixth of nine teams, 43 points
THE SHORT STORY: The Earlham College men's track and field team took one first-place finish and had plenty of solid performances on its way to finishing sixth of nine teams at the 2019 Indiana Division III Championship on Saturday at DePauw University.
ON THE TRACK
- First year Austin Burt claimed Earlham's lone first-place finish of the day when he won the 3000m steeplechase (9:39.59).
- The Quakers placed three finishers in the points in the 800m run. Ian Shriner was fourth (1:58.76), while Emanuel Faria was sixth (1:59.20) and Michael Grady was eighth (1:59.65). The three combined to claim nine points for Earlham in the one event.
- Sophomore Noah Scherf placed fifth in the 5000m run with a time of 15:24.43.
- First year Jake Patton was third in the 400m hurdles (57.47 seconds), and also finished in the points in the 110m hurdles in fifth place (16.31 seconds). Patton also garnered three points for the Quakers with a sixth-place showing in the javelin with a throw of 145-6 (44.34m).
- In the relays, the Earlham quartet of Grady, Drew Fitzgibbon, Shriner, and Faria claimed fourth place in the 4x400m relay with a time of 3:28.83.
The Earlham track and field teams will compete at the Mount St. Joseph Invitational next Saturday, April 20, in Cincinnati, Ohio. The meet will serve as the Quakers' final tune-up before the 2019 HCAC Outdoor Track and Field Championships on Friday, April 26, and Saturday, April 27, hosted by Mount St. Joseph University.