MEET: Mount St. Joseph Invitational
LOCATION: Cincinnati, Ohio (Schueler Field & Track)
MEN'S FINISH: 3rd of 4 teams (50 points)
THE SHORT STORY: In the Quakers' final tune-up before next weekend's Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference Outdoor Track & Field Championships, the Earlham College men's track and field team finished third at Saturday's Mount St. Joseph Invitational. The Quakers tallied 50 points in the meet, which also included Mount St. Joseph, Thomas More, and Cincinnati Christian.
ON THE TRACK
- Jake Patton won the triple jump with a mark of 40-4 (12.29m), and placed second in the javelin with a throw of 132-7 (40.41m).
- Emanuel Faria (52.25) and Ian Shriner (52.35) finished 1-2 in the 400m, with Michael Grady (52.58) crossing the finish line in fourth place.
- Daniel Kibet (1:03.50) placed second in the 400m hurdles.
- Bineyam Tumbo (10:30.30) came in second in the 3000m steeplechase.
- In the relays, the Earlham team of Grady, Drew Fitzgibbon, Shriner, Faria, won the 4x400m relay with a time of 3:30.67. The Quakers' quartet of Justin Kerobo, Sheldan Lindsay, Fitzgibbon, Collin Hauschild, was third in the 4x100m (45.76).
- Kerobo also placed second in the Earlham long jump with a leap of 19-2 3/4 (5.86m).
- Thomas More won the meet with 118 points, while the host MSJ squad had 62 points.
The Earlham track and field teams will compete at the 2019 HCAC Outdoor Track and Field Championships on Friday, April 26, and Saturday, April 27, hosted by Mount St. Joseph University.