MEET: 2019 HCAC Outdoor Track & Field Championships
LOCATION: Cincinnati, Ohio (Schueler Field)
MEN'S FINISH: 4th of 10 teams after 20 events (60 points)
THE SHORT STORY: The Earlham College men's track & field team finished in fourth place at the 2019 Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference Outdoor Track & Field Championships after tallying 60 points in the meet – just three points behind third-place Manchester University.
ON THE TRACK
- Earlham's best individual showing of the day came in the 800m run, where the Quakers claimed second and fifth place for 12 points. Ian Shriner was second (1:58.74) in the race, while Emanuel Faria (2:03.45) was fifth.
- Noah Scherf posted a third-place finish in the 5000m run with a time of 15:19.92, only a day after he finished second in the 10,000m run. Scherf's showing in the 5000m earned an additional six points for the Quakers.
- Jake Patton picked up points in the 110m hurdles (16.28 seconds) and the 400m hurdles (58.64 seconds), with his third and sixth place finishes respectively.
- Daniel Kibet picked up two points for Earlham in the 400m dash after placing seventh with a time of 52.10. He also earned two points for the Quakers in the 400m hurdles, after posting a time of 59.65 seconds.
- In the relay events, the Earlham team of Michael Grady, Drew Fitzgibbon, Shriner, and Faria finished third in the 4x400m relay (3:28.36) to earn six points.
Rose-Hulman won the 2019 HCAC men's outdoor track and field championship with 240 points. Hanover College was second with 152 points.