FINAL SCORE: Earlham 17, Ferrum 6
LOCATION: Ferrum, Va. (W.B. Adams Stadium)
RECORDS: Earlham 4-2, Ferrum 2-4
THE SHORT STORY: Earlham College women's lacrosse roared out to an early lead against Ferrum College on its way to a 17-3 road win over the Panthers. Four Quakers recorded hat tricks in the victory: Emma Lady (six goals), Claudette Roskamp (five goals), Serena Pisacano (three goals), and Meg Murphy (three goals).
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Earlham rattled off six straight goals to open the game, with Meg Murphy posting the Quakers' first score of the day just 18 seconds into the contest. Emma Lady scored three goals in that opening sequence, completing the hat trick at the 23:47 mark of the half.
- Ferrum's Kaitlyn Harley found the back of the cage with 13:04 remaining in the first half to finally get the Panthers on the scoreboard, but Earlham responded with four more goals to hold a 10-1 advantage at the halftime break.
- The Panthers scored twice in the span of 17 seconds early in the second half, briefly cutting the Quakers' lead to 10-3, before Earlham went on a four-goal tear to extend its lead to 14-3 with 14:49 left in the game. Claudette Roskamp scored two of the four goals.
- Each team scored three more goals over the remainder of the game.
- Emma Lady finished with six goals and three assists, while Claudette Roskamp notched five goals. Meg Murphy and Serena Pisacano charted three goals apiece, with Murphy also getting credit for an assist. Krista Kirk was credited with a pair of assists and Alexis Warren had one.
- Quaker goalie Jordan Blackburne recorded eight stops in the Earlham cage on her way to her second win of the season.
- Ferrum's Kaitlyn Harley paced the Panthers with three goals while Michaela Harvey tallied a pair of scores.
- Earlham's 17 goals matches the most it has ever scored in a road game, equaling the 17 goals it scored on Monday at Hollins (17-3) and last season at Waynesburg (17-2).
- Meg Murphy's goal 18 seconds into the start of the game was the second-quickest goal in program history, trailing only Krista Kirk's score just 13 seconds into last season's win at Waynesburg.
Earlham women's lacrosse completes its spring break trip with a game at Salem College in Winston-Salem, N.C., on Friday, March 15, 2019. Game time is scheduled for 3:00 p.m.