FINAL SCORE: Earlham 15, Bethany 3
LOCATION: Richmond, Ind. (Darrell Beane Stadium)
RECORDS: Earlham 7-4 / Bethany 1-6
THE SHORT STORY: Earlham College women's lacrosse piled up six goals in just over five minutes at the start of the game and rolled past visiting Bethany College, 15-3, in the Quakers final non-conference contest of the season on Saturday at Darrell Beane Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Five different players contributed to Earlham's opening flurry of goals, with Claudette Roskamp registering a pair of scores and Emma Lady, Abby McCullough, Krista Kirk, and Serena Pisacano each contributing single goals as the Quakers jumped out to an early 6-0 lead.
- Lady scored twice more in the opening half and Roskamp recorded the final goal of the half, as both players completed hat tricks to give Earlham a 9-2 advantage at halftime.
- Roskamp and Lady each struck twice to open the second half and Pisacano logged her second goal of the game, helping Earlham extend its lead to 14-2.
- Ayana Crawford added a late goal, her second of the game, for Bethany before Roskamp closed out the scoring with her sixth goal of the game for a 15-3 final score.
- Roskamp finished the day with six goals, giving her 55 goals and 60 points for the season. The 60 points eclipses Olivia Wallace's season-high tally of 59 points during the restarted program's initial season in 2018.
- Lady recorded five goals during the afternoon, while Pisacano finished with two. Kirk and McCullough had one goal each.
- Earlham outshot visiting Bethany, 32-13, and picked up 29 ground balls to the Bison's 21.
- Jordan Blackburne charted four saves in the Quakers' goal, while Bethany goalie Trinity Dixon tallied 11 stops.
Earlham women's lacrosse closes out the 2019 regular season with five straight Heartland Collegiate Lacrosse Conference games, starting with a matchup at Anderson University on Saturday, April 6, at 1:00 p.m.