FINAL SCORE: Transylvania 17, Earlham 3
LOCATION: Lexington, Ky. (Pat Deacon Stadium)
RECORDS: Earlham 10-5, 4-1 HCLC / Transylvania 12-4, 5-0 HCLC
THE SHORT STORY: Earlham College women's lacrosse was unable to match Transylvania University's depth at either end of the field and the Quakers fell to the host Pioneers, 17-3, in a Heartland Collegiate Lacrosse Conference matchup on Wednesday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Transylvania put five shots behind Earlham goalie Jordan Blackburne before the Quakers even got on the scoreboard at the 19:47 mark, when Emma Lady scored on a free-position attempt to cut the Pioneers' lead to 5-1.
- Earlham scored two more times in the opening half, with Claudette Roskamp scoring on a free-position shot and Lady adding a second goal on an 8-meter attempt. However, Transy went into the halftime intermission with a 12-3 lead.
- Transy tacked on five more goals in the second half, and Earlham was unable to respond.
- Transy outshot Earlham, 37-7, and the Pioneers had a 32-11 advantage in ground balls.
- Blackburne tallied 13 saves in the Earlham cage, while Transylvania's Mackenzie Dent charted four saves.
Earlham women's lacrosse closes out the 2019 regular season on Saturday, April 27, when it hosts Thomas More in an HCLC game. Start time is 1:00 p.m. with the Quakers' seniors recognized in pre-game ceremonies.