MEET: Otterbein April Fools Invitational
LOCATION: Westerville, Ohio (Memorial Stadium Track)
WOMEN'S FINISH: 12th of 16 teams, 18 points
THE SHORT STORY: Aishat Sadiq improved upon her own best-in-the-region mark in the 100m dash, highlighting the day's performances for the Earlham College women's track and field team at the Otterbein April Fools Invitational.
ON THE TRACK
- Senior Aishat Sadiq won the 100m dash with a time of 12.38 seconds, setting a new meet record and topping her own mark for best time in the Great Lakes Region. Sadiq also finished eighth in the 200m dash with a time of 27.01 seconds.
- Esther Mano picked up Earlham's only other top 10 individual finish on the day, when she placed ninth in the triple jump with a mark of 30-10 1/4 (9.40m).
- Lindsey Gearin posted an 11th place result in the 3000m steeplechase with her time of 14:41.76.
- Sophomore Jasmine Lorenzana placed 14th in the 800m run, crossing the finish line in 2:35.16. Lorenzana also ran in the 1500m run, where she finished 20th with a time of 5:24.00.
- Jennifer Douyere was 16th in the 400m hurdles, posting a time of 1:15.91.
- Hailey Beel crossed in 18th place in the 200m with a time of 28.15 seconds.
- Earlham's 4x100m relay team of Raven McCree, Beel, Douyere, and Sarah Dickman finished fifth with a time of 53.42. The Quakers were sixth in the 4x400m relay, with the quartet of Ellie Haland, Beel, Natalia McIntyre, and Lorenzana crossing in 4:44.24.
The Earlham track and field teams will head back to Ohio next weekend, traveling to Delaware, Ohio, to compete in the Ohio Wesleyan University Marv Frye Invitational.