MEET: Mount St. Joseph Invitational
LOCATION: Cincinnati, Ohio (Schueler Field & Track)
MEN'S FINISH: 3rd of 4 teams (58 points)
THE SHORT STORY: Aishat Sadiq turned in another personal best performance at the Georgia Tech Invitational while the rest of the Earlham College women's track and field team was at the Mount St. Joseph Invitational as the Quakers made their final preparations for next weekend's Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference outdoor championship meet.
ON THE TRACK
- In Atlanta, Ga., Aishat Sadiq ran in the 200m at the Georgia Tech Invitational, and finished 15th out of 50 competitors with a time of 25.22 seconds. That mark improved upon her best-in-the-HCAC time in the 200m this season, and ranked second in the Great Lakes Region and 17th on the Division III performance list based on times at the beginning of the day.
- Leilah Hicks and Hailey Beel finished first and second in the 100m with times of 13.15 and 13.43. Beel also placed second in the 200m dash with a mark of 27.81.
- Esther Mano posted the Quakers' only other first place finish of the day with her victory in the triple jump. Mano's best mark in the event was 32-2 (9.80m).
- Tsitsi Makufa was third in the 800m (2:36.72), while Bibi Mohamed was fourth in the 400m (1:34.02).
- Lindsey Gearin (5:13.96) and Remy Haggerty (5:17.22) crossed the finish line in second and third place respectively in the 1500m.
- Jennifer Douyere and Raven McCree were second and third in both the 100m hurdles and 400m hurdles. Douyere posted times of 20.55 and 1:18.41 in the two hurdle events, while McCree finished the events in 20.73 and 1:22.81.
- Sarah Dickman finished third in the javelin with her throw of 60-4 (18.38m).
- Earlham's 4x400m relay team of Makufa, Jasmine Lorenzana, Haggerty, and Miette Hennesey finished second with a time of 4:50.76.
The Earlham track and field teams will compete at the 2019 HCAC Outdoor Track and Field Championships on Friday, April 26, and Saturday, April 27, hosted by Mount St. Joseph University.